Paid Search Case Study for B2C Ecommerce Retailer
How Branch Basics Grew Paid Search Revenue by 258% in 12 Months
In April 2018, Branch Basics’ paid search presence was nonexistent. They launched a new site in October 2017 and were lacking the visibility to put the new brand on a trajectory to becoming a household name.
Convincing customers to switch to Branch Basics from traditional cleaning products was the biggest challenge at hand. They needed to educate their audience about the benefits of using a concentrate formula to encourage the higher initial cost of switching. They also needed to build trust with consumers after a lifetime of buying traditional solutions.
Uproer is the best! Not only are they knowledgeable and responsive, they get results. I also really appreciate the in-depth analysis we get, often unprompted.
The case for investing in paid search was clear. We developed a dynamic strategy aimed at increasing clicks and conversions through paid search:
- Used phased approach of testing and proving what worked week-over-week to keeping Branch Basics informed and build their trust in the process.
- Once one channel’s profitability was exhausted, we refunneled that budget to retest new channels and tactics that could be more profitable.
- Used variety of channels to increase profitability and reach, including: Google Search, Bing Search, Display, Google Shopping.
- Targeted non-brand keywords to build rapport with target audience and grow brand search long-term.
In just one year, Branch Basics graduated from an invisible paid search presence to earning an ROI worthy of nomination and selection in the Google Economic Impact Report.
Since April 2018, paid search efforts accounted for:
- 258% YOY increase in paid search revenue
- 39% YOY increase in Return on Investment
- 20% of total site revenue
- 20% of New Customer Acquisition
- 3.86 Return on Investment
Results go beyond numbers. Due to the paid search success, the Google Economic Impact Report selected Branch Basics as the sponsor for Minnesota and finalist for overall sponsor in the US.
This recognition is given to companies that best highlight Google’s local economic impact through the use of paid ads. In just twelve months, Branch Basics surpassed all the criteria to be considered and won.