CONTENT MARKETING & SEO CASE STUDY FOR ECOMMERCE RETAILER
HOW RAW BISTRO GREW ORGANIC TRAFFIC BY 202% IN 12 MONTHS
Going into 2019, Raw Bistro’s goal was to increase visibility for raw dog food topics, and drive more qualified traffic to their product pages.
Raw Bistro is highly authoritative for high-volume “raw” terms, but they lacked the content strategy needed to identify and create this content. This resulted in poor organic performance across the site.
Raw dog food has been an emerging topic over the last few years, so we found a lot of opportunity to educate users on this diet.
We wanted to build authority and increase organic visibility across the span of raw dog food topics. We developed a content strategy to target people from the highest level “raw” questions all the way to the bottom of the funnel.
- Use competitive analysis and popular customer questions to identify raw diet keywords, prioritized by relevance and volume.
- Created or updated 16 articles, sourcing supportive research from pet care experts like Dr. Karen Becker and Steve Brown.
- Raw Bistro promoted content on Facebook and email to increase reach and engagement.
In just one year, organic search grew to become Raw Bistro’s largest source of site traffic and revenue.
Since January 2019, content efforts impacted:
- 202% YOY increase in organic users overall
- 710% YOY increase in organic blog users
- 18% increase in organic product pageviews
- 68% YOY increase in organic revenue
New content creation also significantly influenced performance on social. In the past year, Facebook traffic to the blog increased by 395%.