About the Role
This is a full-time remote role with a Minneapolis-based search marketing agency. We’re looking for a candidate with a passion for digital marketing to join a young, fast-growing company. You’ll execute strategy tactics for our growing list of SEO clients with the broader goal of establishing Uproer as a leading provider of SEO services in the Twin Cities.
You’ll be responsible for implementing SEO and content strategy tactics, reporting, and leading promotional efforts for our agency.
The chosen candidate will be a curious self-starter who is motivated by driving results for our clients. This role encourages (or more accurately, requires) an entrepreneurial enthusiasm, as the chosen candidate will have the opportunity to contribute to the growth and direction of Uproer as a business.
- Analytics & Reporting
- Use Google Analytics & STAT to uncover insights to guide our strategy and share with clients
- Create reporting that communicates results and surfaces new insights and recommendations
- SEO Strategy Implementation
- Conduct keyword research and competitive analysis to determine the best opportunities for our clients to improve
- Create content outlines and assist in copywriting for our clients’ blogs and service pages
- Optimize metadata (page titles + meta descriptions) for client sites
- Uncover backlink + outreach opportunities for clients
- Run site crawls for SEO audits; use templates to organize and present data
- Promotion of Our Business
- Guide Uproer’s social media strategy on LinkedIn and Twitter. Regularly post to grow our following, establish thought leadership in the marketing community, and connect with potential customers
- Compile and send our monthly newsletter Searchlite. Research and implement a full redesign to improve engagement and brand perception
- Website Redesign
- Assist with Uproer’s site redesign and rewriting of key service pages
- Design new header images for Uproer’s blog content
Preferred Experience & Skills
- Curious, data-driven, creative. If your brain just lit up going “That’s me!”, it might be a good fit
- Organized + reliable. We need someone who shows up, sticks to deadlines, and loves a good spreadsheet
- Proactive self-starter. We are not hand-holders here. We will give you the freedom to research unique solutions and suggest new ideas, and we’ll talk through them together
- Exceptional communication skills. Oral, written, presentation: you name it, we want it
- Google Analytics experience strongly preferred
- Copywriting experience strongly preferred
Benefits of Working at Uproer
Uproer is a perfect fit for the digital marketer who is hungry for more freedom and more responsibility. We’re a growth-minded group of entrepreneurs who enjoy building a work environment that makes room for our passions. We are world travelers, pet-owners and music lovers, and the environment we’ve created encourages a true work-life balance, no matter what hobbies we’ve chosen to pursue. The common thread among all of us is that we get fulfillment from providing the highest level of service to our clients.
Here are some other benefits:
- Flexible work-from-wherever policy
- Connections with the Twin Cities marketing community
- Gain real experience to help you grow professionally (no BS tasks for you)
About the Company
Uproer was founded in May 2017 and is based in South Minneapolis. We’re a team of six full-time employees plus a tight network of talented, local contractors.
- What we do: Uproer is a search marketing agency specializing in developing and executing digital marketing strategies for ecommerce and SaaS businesses.
- How we do it: We develop creative solutions to complex problems that connect people to the products or services that best suit them.
- Why we do it: To seek fulfillment in the pursuit of our creative passions.
How to Apply
Please click Apply and attach your resume and portfolio of work, if you have one. Writing samples, particularly articles, are very welcome. No need to send a cover letter – no one should have to write those things anymore.