Here’s what we audit
We analyze your web presence across a ton of factors with the goal of answering four critical questions:
- Is the site being crawled accurately and efficiently by search engines?
- Is the site being indexed in search engines accurately?
- Is the site optimized for search engine results pages?
- Is the site’s organic search performance being tracked and measured properly?
Let’s dig into each facet of our SEO audit process.
Objective: Assess the site’s technical infrastructure, user experience, content and on-page optimization.
- Identify opportunities to improve the ability for searchbots to crawl the site efficiently
- Review site indexation in search results against site taxonomy
- Review site infrastructure, site integrations, CMS SEO modules and configurations
- Identify opportunities to improve use of structured data
- Compare visibility of rich snippets in search results against competitive set
- Audit the site’s mobile-friendliness and browser compatibility
- Analyze site speed compared to competitive set
- Analyze navigational elements and internal linking
- Audit content assets to improve relevance for important content topics
- Review existing keyword rankings against competitive set to identify opportunities to improve organic traffic
- Audit page layouts for HTML structure
- Assess on-page optimization of key HTML elements
- Research new content and keyword ranking opportunities
- Identify possible duplicate or thin content issues
Objective: Assess the site’s link authority relative to competition
- Audit backlinks against competitive set to benchmark ranking authority
- Identify backlink opportunities to improve site authority
- Identify possible risk of manual action or algorithmic penalties due to backlink profile
- Audit linking practices of owned properties
- Identify legacy domains or staging environments contributing to index duplication
Objective: Analyze the site’s organic search performance to understand what’s working and identify gaps in your SEO strategy
- Audit tracking accuracy, tagging practices and configurations for Google Analytics and Google Search Console
- Assess conversion tracking for ecommerce activity and lead generation
- Analyze historic organic performance to identify gaps and opportunities in SEO strategy