About the Role
The Content Specialist is the foundation to Uproer’s content production practice. They are responsible for bringing Uproer’s content strategies to life. The Content Specialist works across both the SEO and SEM teams to develop content, leading the process from ideation to published asset with the help of the Uproer team..
The ideal Content Specialist will have an interest in writing and editing search-focused content, and learning the process of developing search strategies for both SEO and SEM.
Along with writing and editing content for SEO and SEM, you’ll support our team in proactively driving successful outcomes for our clients across search initiatives. You’ll also level up your knowledge of SEO, Paid Search, strategy, and other content-related skills.
Uproer is a boutique agency, filled with people who love their craft and show enthusiasm for search. The chosen candidate will have an entrepreneurial spirit and have the opportunity to contribute to the growth and direction of Uproer as a business.
Content Strategy & Client Engagement
- Partner with the account leads – our Managers & Analysts – to aid in content strategy development.
- Engage with the team during our onboarding process so that we’re able to produce high-quality content that speaks to their audience & reflects the brand voice of the company.
- Collaborate with the team during the content planning process to research content topics, develop a content strategy, and source high-quality copywriters.
- Collaborate with the account leads to analyze the search performance of our published content assets and create recommendations and reporting to show this performance and areas of improvement.
- Manage day-to-day content production:
- Create detailed content briefs through keyword research and competitive analysis.
- Create content using optimized creative briefs developed by Content Specialists and the Uproer team.
- Guide content through the production process by overseeing copywriter assignments, client feedback, editing, and publishing.
- Publish content using client CMSs.
- Manage the prioritization and execution of content production tasks, including but not limited to:
- Sourcing & matching copywriters to clients
- Editing copy & applying feedback from Uproer staff and clients
- Applying on-page best practices to edit and create content
- Maintain governance between brand voices and guidelines when writing for different clients.
- Make recommendations and implement updates for existing content.
- Develop yourself continuously.
- Practice continuous self-improvement by welcoming feedback and taking responsibility for your personal growth.
- Further your industry knowledge, particularly in the realm of ecommerce and SaaS, to keep you and your team on the leading edge of search.
- Strive to do your best work, treating each challenge or deliverable as an opportunity to level-up our work.
- Support the growth of your team members by becoming more skilled, purpose-driven and autonomous.
- Interest in copywriting for SEO and SEM
- Simple copywriting experience
- Understands Microsoft Excel
- Time management skills and strong attention to detail
- Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative, marketing or related discipline preferred
- Salary: $45,000-$50,000
- 10% bonus based on company goals
Benefits of Working at Uproer
Uproer is a perfect fit for the search marketing professional who is hungry for career growth. We’re a business-minded group of “intrapreneurs” who enjoy building a work environment that creates room for our professional and personal lives. We despise hustle culture and the “work hard, play hard” mentality found at many agencies. Instead, we love working alongside smart people who challenge us to think for ourselves while creating a fulfilling work-life balance.
Here are some other benefits:
- Autonomous work environment that allows you to set your own schedule
- Flexible paid vacation policy
- Flexible work-from-wherever policy
- “Offline Fridays” – 32 hour standard work week with flexible Fridays
- $900 annual wellness stipend
- Paid parental leave
- Retirement program with 3% company match
- 50% coverage of health insurance and 100% coverage of dental and vision insurance
- Learning opportunities, like memberships to MnSearch & other industry organizations
About the Company
Uproer was founded in May 2017 and is based in St. Paul, MN. We’re a team of ten full-time employees plus a tight network of talented, local contractors.
- What we do: Uproer is a search marketing agency with solutions designed for ecommerce and SaaS companies.
- How we do it: We develop creative solutions to complex problems that connect people to the products or services that best suit them.
- Why we do it: To seek fulfillment in the pursuit of our creative passions.
Please click Apply and attach your resume and your portfolio of work, if you have one. No need to send a cover letter – no one should have to write those things anymore.