Table of Contents
With heat waves, new hires, moves, and more, July was an exciting month for Uproer! This month we hired Kavi Kardos as our first SEO Director. She'll be leading the charge in leveling up the competency and efficiency of the SEO services we provide. With years of experience in the SEO industry, we're beyond excited to see what she brings to this new role!
In other news, Sr. SEO Analyst Ben Bjerken said goodbye to the land of 10,000 lakes and hello to the rockies! He'll be working for Uproer from Denver and enjoying the mountains and sunshine.
In this month's edition of SearchLite, see how the Uproer team grew organic revenue by over 500% for a B2B site, or, find a detailed guide on how to execute an internal linking strategy. It's all here and more, let's dive in!
By Griffin Roer, CEO & Founder
- B2B ecommerce SEO can be challenging due to long buying cycles, difficulty in differentiating products, and service layer complexity. In this case study, acknowledging the challenges helped us get buy-in to drive serious SEO growth.
- Sometimes less means more – simplifying the site experience by mapping it with the customer journey was one of the primary drivers for sustained growth.
- Understanding customer behavior with a blend of keyword data and stakeholder conversations is key to differentiating B2B content from competitors.
- Answering customer FAQ's and pain points in a well-researched content strategy helped create a positive brand impression and influence would-be customers to convert.
by Ben Bjerken, Sr. Analyst, SEO
- Cornerstone content are pages on a website that are highly informative or valuable for the reader. These are critical for SEO because they attract a higher volume of traffic, generate backlinks from other sites, and can rank for competitive keywords.
- Linking relevant content to your cornerstone pages means you can create a network of valuable information, strengthening the topical clustering and increasing the visibility of your entire website.
- Tools like Screaming Frog's Custom Search feature can help you streamline the process of identifying internal linking opportunities.
by Alyssa Broussard, Content Specialist
- An autonomous work structure plays a critical role in productivity and collaboration at Uproer. With autonomy comes the need for accountability, which is why we love to nerd out on productivity hacks!
- Calendar blocking, Slack organization, spacing out meetings, and more can be simple ways to make your work day more efficient.
by Ben Bjerken, Sr. SEO Analyst
- It's no secret that finding an agency that aligns with your goals and needs can feel difficult and even overwhelming. Coming up with a list of questions to ask as you vet agencies can help alleviate some of this.
- Questions on approach and strategy will help reveal the internal philosophies of an agency, and how they prioritize their work. This includes:
- Beyond objective criteria (industry, size, etc.), what makes a client a good fit for your agency?
- Can you provide any guarantees for achieving the No. 1 ranking?
- How will you tailor the SEO strategy to align with our brand, business, industry, or niche?
- Questions specific to the team and their capabilities can help you understand where their specialty is. It's important to remember that more capabilities does not always equal more value. This includes:
- Can I have the opportunity to meet the team assigned to handle our project?
- What kind of support or cooperation do you require from us to ensure effective results?
- How do you stay updated on industry changes and Google updates?