How Thread Logic grew organic revenue by 1,065% with Uproer
Thread Logic is a Minnesota-based embroidered apparel company. SEO wasn't a channel that was meaningfully impacting Thread Logic's business. That is, not until Uproer came on board. Since then, organic revenue has grown both dramatically and sustainably, adding another growth driver to their channel mix.
Our SEO Strategy
Our original strategy for Thread Logic consisted of restructuring the site to better match search intent and demand, as well as building out content on category pages to expand their non-brand traffic which was largely nonexistent at the time.
As their name might suggest, Thread Logic took the logical next step after strong initial growth of doubling down and wanting to invest more in our content-driven SEO strategy.
This blueprint was already sending their website more users and generating more conversions than ever before. After all, the limiting factor to their growth was how much content they were willing to let us create each month!
From there, we went into a frenzy of optimization: tinkering with everything including product page descriptions, collection pages, and existing blogs. We wrote targeted content where needed, including round-up articles for high priority products, comparison articles, middle of funnel content for those still on the purchasing journey, as well as new content for collection pages that were missing it.
- Research found that users didn’t specify a sex when searching for embroidered clothing, and would usually buy in bulk.
- Most competitors are structured into “Mens” and “Womens” sections with poor internal linking. The opportunity was there to capture traffic in the gap they left behind.
- By restructuring the site and eliminating “Men” and “Women”-based apparel categories, we’re able to improve rankings and traffic for higher volume search terms.
- Created high-quality, research-driven category content incorporating our target keywords to drive traffic from search.
- Went through a review process with our client – an authority on the topic – to assure quality and accuracy of the content.
- Continued creating and optimizing category pages with high quality content.
- Users were then able to find more information and FAQs about the types of products they were looking for.
- We gave more information to Google to allow them to rank us for more keywords, and improve rankings of existing keywords.
- We selected some of the top performing product pages by conversions, users, and SERP rankings.
- We created unique and compelling product descriptions which helped to increase both conversion rates and rankings in the SERP, driving more traffic.
- We wrote blogs targeted towards those who were interested in buying company swag but weren’t sure what just yet.
- Linked to relevant product pages from content to lead users through the sales funnel.
“During our first conversation, it became pretty clear to me they knew what they were doing. It was clear to me that they had integrity.”
— Jeff Taxdahl, Thread Logic
SEO Growth Led to a Decrease in Paid Media Spend, but an Increase in the Efficiency of Paid Media, Increasing Revenue Across Paid Channels.
As a result of their SEO growth, Thread Logic decreased their SEM ad spend, while at the same time seeing more efficient SEM performance with increased revenue and ROI. Increases in organic rankings in the SERP that complement placements in paid results, as well as better content to help convert users on landing pages, all helped contribute to more efficient ad spending.
Want to work with Uproer?
We like to start with a 30-minute introductory call to hear what you’re looking for and answer your questions about Uproer. If we gauge that we’re a fit, we’ll move forward with a proposal.