Table of Contents
About the Role
This is a part-time position (10-20 hours/week) with a Twin Cities-based search marketing agency. We’re looking for a candidate with a passion for digital marketing to join our fast-growing company. You’ll execute strategy tactics for our growing list of SEO & Paid Search clients with the broader goal of establishing Uproer as a leading provider of SEO services in the Twin Cities.
You’ll be responsible for assisting our SEO & Paid Search teams in the execution of their strategies, performance reporting, as well as internal tasks.
The chosen candidate will be a curious self-starter who is motivated by driving results for our clients. This role encourages (or more accurately, requires) an entrepreneurial enthusiasm, as the chosen candidate will have the opportunity to contribute to the growth and direction of Uproer as a business.
- Strategy Implementation
- Conduct keyword research and competitive analyses
- Create content outlines and assist in copywriting for our clients' content and ad strategies
- Optimize metadata (page titles + meta descriptions) for client sites
- Review negative keyword lists to aid in campaign optimization
- Analytics & Reporting
- Use our suite of digital tools to uncover insights to guide our strategy and share with clients
- Create reporting that communicates results and surfaces new insights and recommendations
- Internal Tasks
- Website updates
- Content organization
Preferred Experience & Skills
- Curious, data-driven, creative. If your brain just lit up going "That's me!", it might be a good fit
- Organized + reliable. We need someone who shows up, sticks to deadlines, and loves a good spreadsheet
- Proactive self-starter. We are not hand-holders here. We will give you the freedom to research unique solutions and suggest new ideas, and we'll talk through them together
- Exceptional communication skills. Oral, written, presentation: you name it, we want it
- Google Analytics experience strongly preferred
- Copywriting experience strongly preferred
Benefits of Working at Uproer
Uproer is a perfect fit for the search marketing professional who is hungry for career growth. We're a business-minded group of “intrapreneurs” who enjoy building a work environment that creates room for our professional and personal lives. We despise hustle culture and the “work hard, play hard” mentality found at many agencies. Instead, we love working alongside smart people who challenge us to think for ourselves while creating a fulfilling work-life balance.
Here are some other benefits (not all apply to the Internship role):
- Autonomous work environment that allows you to set your own schedule
- Flexible paid vacation policy
- Flexible work-from-wherever policy
- "Offline Fridays" - 32 hour standard work week with flexible Fridays
- $900 annual wellness stipend
- Paid parental leave
- Retirement program with 3% company match
- 50% coverage of health insurance and 100% coverage of dental and vision insurance
- Learning opportunities, like memberships to MnSearch & other industry organizations
About the Company
Uproer was founded in May 2017 and is based in St. Paul, MN. We’re a team of a dozen employees plus a tight network of talented, local contractors.
- What we do: Uproer is a search marketing agency with solutions designed for ecommerce and SaaS companies.
- How we do it: We develop creative solutions to complex problems that connect people to the products or services that best suit them.
- Why we do it: To seek fulfillment in the pursuit of our creative passions.
Please click Apply and attach your resume and your portfolio of work, if you have one. No need to send a cover letter – no one should have to write those things anymore.