Branch Basics sells a non-toxic home cleaning concentrate. In April 2018, their paid search presence was nonexistent. Uproer was able to significantly increase paid search revenue in the span of 12 months. Then, we turned our focus to organic search, growing revenue through conversion-focused blog content.
Our Search Marketing Strategy
Convincing customers to switch to Branch Basics from traditional cleaning products was the biggest challenge at hand. They needed to educate their audience about the benefits of using a concentrate formula to encourage the higher initial cost of switching. They also needed to build trust with consumers after a lifetime of buying traditional solutions.
The case for investing in search was clear. We developed a dynamic strategy aimed at increasing clicks and conversions through paid search. Then, we built a lower-funnel content strategy, designed to educate audiences on non-toxic cleaning alternatives:
- We used variety of channels to increase profitability and reach, including: Google Search, Bing Search, Display, Google Shopping
- Once one channel’s profitability was exhausted, we refunneled that budget to retest new channels and tactics that could be more profitable.
- We used a phased approach of testing to prove performance week-over-week, which kept Branch Basics informed and help build their trust in the process.
- This let us be sure that at any point we were using ad spend to learn something valuable or to drive incremental revenue
- We targeted non-brand keywords to build rapport with target audience and grow search for the long-term.
- We then remarketed segments of these new audiences to stay top-of-mind and relevant with our potential customers.
- We added non-brand keywords to page titles, meta descriptions, and on-page copy to landing pages to support organic visibility.
- We added SEO-optimized FAQ’s to product pages to enhance organic visibility and improve the shopping experience.
- We built a bottom-funnel hub & spoke content strategy targeting conversion focused keywords like “natural alternatives to dish soap.”
- We established a consistent content refresh schedule to ensure blogs were optimized for conversions and SEO.
“Uproer is the best! Not only are they knowledgeable and responsive, they get results. I also really appreciate the in-depth analysis we get, often unprompted.”
— Tim Murphy, Branch Basics
Featured in Google’s Economic Impact Report
In just one year, Branch Basics went from a near-invisible paid search presence to earning an ROI worthy of nomination and selection in the Google Economic Impact Report.
This recognition is given to companies that best highlight Google’s local economic impact through the use of paid ads. In just twelve months, Branch Basics surpassed all the criteria to be considered and won.
Want to work with Uproer?
We like to start with a 30-minute introductory call to hear what you’re looking for and answer your questions about Uproer. If we gauge that we’re a fit, we’ll move forward with a proposal.