When I Work
How When I Work grew traffic to existing blog content by 25%
When I Work is a scheduling and time management tool for small business owners and managers. It allows for easy schedule creation, communication with employees, and time tracking in one place. When I Work’s goal was to reverse a declining organic traffic trend as competition from Google and industry competitors increased significantly in the past 5-years.
Our SEO Strategy
When I Work has what we like to call a “mature content portfolio”, meaning that they have blog and keyword coverage across just about every square inch of the topic of employee scheduling. With +600 blog posts in total, you can see why we use the term “mature” to describe When I Works content marketing stage. With new keyword opportunities mostly tapped-out, we pivoted our efforts towards updating and refreshing this large portfolio of content spread across their blog, dating back to the early 2010’s.
- Review search engine rankings for target keywords, identify “striking distance keywords” (keywords in positions 11-20 that are close to ranking on Page 1).
- Reviewed user engagement metrics such as clicks and click-through rate (CTR) to see which older content pieces were still driving traffic and potentially leaving some chips on the table in terms of organic traffic acquisition.
- Filled our content strategy with queries around all aspects of raw diets to target users who may be closer to purchase-intent.
- Refreshed metadata such as page titles, meta descriptions, and heading tags to be inclusive of our target keyword.
- Vastly improved internal linking by doing the following:
- Updating redirecting links to 200-status destination pages.
- Optimized alt-text to be keyword rich and provide additional context to users and search engines about where the links lead to.
- Added additional internal links to show engines and users that we are an authoritative source of information on the subject of employee scheduling software.
- Pruned content that was maybe relevant in the pre-pandemic world but has since become outdated information as the digital world has evolved rapidly.
- Pruned content that had been underperforming for consecutive years to give our site a more comprehensive assessment of quality in the eyes of search engines.
“I couldn't do my job without them! We have seen tangible impacts in our rankings, traffic, and conversions with their help. The team is super smart, extremely reliable, and very responsive. I would recommend them to anyone looking for help with their SEO!”
— Sam Lovhaug & Noelle Forseth, When I Work
Increased organic blog traffic by +25% in our first quarter focusing on content updates
Google was receptive to our content updating initiative, rewarding just about every piece of content we updated with immediate improved organic visibility and then traffic.
Want to work with Uproer?
We like to start with a 30-minute introductory call to hear what you’re looking for and answer your questions about Uproer. If we gauge that we’re a fit, we’ll move forward with a proposal.